Join Our Chapter!
For a discounted newcomer membership in the Clinch River Chapter and the national Trout Unlimited, including the award-winning Trout magazine, click here. Be sure to fill in the "Chapter" field by scrolling down to Tennessee and filling in "662 - Clinch River Chapter."
Directions To Our Meeting PlaceChapter meetings are held at 7 p.m. the second Thursday of the month except when special activities are scheduled. From Knoxville, take I-75 North to Exit 122 (Norris/Clinton); turn right (east) toward Andersonville and drive about a mile to Highway 441 North; turn left (north) toward Norris Dam. (If you reach the traffic light where 441 turns right, you missed the turn; go back!) On 441 North, travel about a mile and turn right on West Norris Road. St. Francis Episcopal Church is about three blocks on the left; we meet upstairs in the parish hall.
Disabled Veteran LicenseIf you're a disabled veteran who needs a Tennessee fishing license, click on the link below—it will take you to the state's application for a permanent Disabled Veteran Fishing License. It costs $10 and is good forever. (You will need to provide a copy of your Form DD214.) Here's the link: http://www.tn.gov/assets/entities/twra/attachments/misclisc.pdf
Clinch River Chapter Leaders, 2016-17
* President: Dennis Baxter, firstname.lastname@example.org or (865) 494-6337.
* Vice president: Tony Gregg, email@example.com or (865) 607-3785.
* Secretary: Steve Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org or (865) 437-9804.
* Treasurer: Dave Harrell, email@example.com or (865) 803-4541.
* Past president: Dick Geiger, firstname.lastname@example.org or (865) 599-2604.
* Directors: Rachel Baxter, email@example.com or (865) 494-6337; Steve Burman, firstname.lastname@example.org or (865) 805-1018; Rusty Hallett, email@example.com or (859) 227-1227; Mike Irwin, firstname.lastname@example.org or (865) 258-8202; Dianne Sowell, email@example.com or (865) 567-4899; and Dennis Yankee, firstname.lastname@example.org or (865) 494-6323.
If you have suggestions for improving this website, please contact Frances Oates, communications chair, at email@example.com or (865) 223-2055.
Facebook Pages To Watch
Log onto Facebook and search for these:
* Clinch River Chapter of Trout Unlimited
* Project Healing Waters - Knoxville, TN
* Vols on the Fly - UT fly fishing club
* Women of Trout Unlimited
The condition of trout in the Clinch River below Norris Dam, as revealed by this winter’s electrostudies of the river, will be discussed on Thursday, April 13, by biologist […]
The Clinch River Chapter of Trout Unlimited conserves, protects and enhances the Clinch River tailwater below Norris Dam in Anderson County, East Tennessee. We work hands-on to ensure the river’s […]
To keep the Clinch pristine, we clean up roads and shorelines along the river as well as removing litter from the riverbed itself. We have conducted at least one in-river […]
Introducing youngsters to the joys of the outdoors—and teaching them about aquatic natural resources along the way—is one of our favorite endeavors. We work through schools, clubs, camps and scouting […]
We reach out in many ways—not only to increase public awareness of the Clinch River’s ecological and economic importance but also as support for such neighbors as military veterans with […]
Many anglers who have fished the premier trout waters of the United States consider the Clinch River tailwater one of the finest trout fisheries in the country. For fly anglers, […]
Attention all fly tyers: Trout flies are needed for the boxes to be donated by the Clinch River Chapter to this year’s Central/West Tennessee retreat for women who have breast […]
The Tennessee Council of Trout Unlimited has a very big event on the docket—save the dates so you won’t miss out! * The Trout Unlimited Southeast Regional Meeting, with participants […]
As part of his graduate research on Eastern brook trout at Prescott College in Arizona, Michael Brunson is surveying Trout Unlimited members on our fishing motivations, preferences and practices, […]