Join Our Chapter!
For a discounted newcomer membership in the Clinch River Chapter and the national Trout Unlimited, including the award-winning Trout magazine, click here. Be sure to fill in the "Chapter" field by scrolling down to Tennessee and filling in "662 - Clinch River Chapter."
Directions To Our Meeting PlaceChapter meetings are held at 7 p.m. the second Thursday of the month except when special activities are scheduled. From Knoxville, take I-75 North to Exit 122 (Norris/Clinton); turn right (east) toward Andersonville and drive about a mile to Highway 441 North; turn left (north) toward Norris Dam. (If you reach the traffic light where 441 turns right, you missed the turn; go back!) On 441 North, travel about a mile and turn right on West Norris Road. St. Francis Episcopal Church is about three blocks on the left; we meet upstairs in the parish hall.
Disabled Veteran LicenseIf you're a disabled veteran who needs a Tennessee fishing license, click on the link below—it will take you to the state's application for a permanent Disabled Veteran Fishing License. It costs $10 and is good forever. (You will need to provide a copy of your Form DD214.) Here's the link: http://www.tn.gov/assets/entities/twra/attachments/misclisc.pdf
Clinch River Chapter Leaders, 2016-17
* President: Dennis Baxter, firstname.lastname@example.org or (865) 494-6337.
* Vice president: Tony Gregg, email@example.com or (865) 607-3785.
* Secretary: Steve Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org or (865) 437-9804.
* Treasurer: Dave Harrell, email@example.com or (865) 803-4541.
* Past president: Dick Geiger, firstname.lastname@example.org or (865) 599-2604.
* Directors: Rachel Baxter, email@example.com or (865) 494-6337; Steve Burman, firstname.lastname@example.org or (865) 805-1018; Rusty Hallett, email@example.com or (859) 227-1227; Mike Irwin, firstname.lastname@example.org or (865) 258-8202; Dianne Sowell, email@example.com or (865) 567-4899; and Dennis Yankee, firstname.lastname@example.org or (865) 494-6323.
If you have suggestions for improving this website, please contact Frances Oates, communications chair, at email@example.com or (865) 223-2055.
Facebook Pages To Watch
Log onto Facebook and search for these:
* Clinch River Chapter of Trout Unlimited
* Project Healing Waters - Knoxville, TN
* Vols on the Fly - UT fly fishing club
* Women of Trout Unlimited
Veteran fly fishing guide Michael “Rocky” Cox will speak Thursday, March 9, at a free, public meeting of the Clinch River Chapter, Trout Unlimited. His presentation starts at 7 p.m. […]
The Clinch River Chapter of Trout Unlimited conserves, protects and enhances the Clinch River tailwater below Norris Dam in Anderson County, East Tennessee. We work hands-on to ensure the river’s […]
To keep the Clinch pristine, we clean up roads and shorelines along the river as well as removing litter from the riverbed itself. We have conducted at least one in-river […]
Introducing youngsters to the joys of the outdoors—and teaching them about aquatic natural resources along the way—is one of our favorite endeavors. We work through schools, clubs, camps and scouting […]
We reach out in many ways—not only to increase public awareness of the Clinch River’s ecological and economic importance but also as support for such neighbors as military veterans with […]
Many anglers who have fished the premier trout waters of the United States consider the Clinch River tailwater one of the finest trout fisheries in the country. For fly anglers, […]
Attention all fly tyers: Trout flies are needed for the boxes to be donated by the Clinch River Chapter to this year’s Central/West Tennessee retreat for women who have breast […]
This winter’s series of free fly tying demonstrations continues through March 4 at Little River Outfitters, 106 Town Square Drive, Townsend, TN 37882. The annual series—happening each winter for […]
The Tennessee Council of Trout Unlimited has a very big event on the docket—save the dates so you won’t miss out! * The Trout Unlimited Southeast Regional Meeting, with participants […]